Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Cleaning Up My Act

it is 10:00 a.m. in the holy city of safed.  I just finished washing the kitchen and dining room floors, yet once again.  the place reeks of pish.  the puppy is incorrigible.  I threw in a load of laundry and just put in a batch of duvet covers.  I am just  trying to clean up my act.  I also scraped off a bunch of slime from the yeshiva's kitchen floor yesterday.  I am on a mission.  the kids are coming to safed for Shabbat.  I don't know if they will be sleeping here but i'm sure they will be leaving their toy Yorkshire puppy with me.  it will be sheer pishie pandemonium with the two untrained female puppies and my male 4 year old male dog, tiny. 

yesterday I ate at the yeshiva.  I seldom have a meal there.  I made tabouli salad, hash brown potatoes, red lentil dahl, Israeli salad and ratatouille.  I had a yogurt drink on the taxi ride home and I didn't have anything else.  I haven't broken my fast yet.  I made rice and hot dogs for the dogs  this morning.  I might just have a hot dog sandwich before I go to work.  I am waiting for a gas canister delivery.  I need to clean the downstairs apartment.  we are going to have my grandson's birthday party on Saturday night.  I already ran out yesterday to the party goods store to buy spiderman balloons, banners, napkins, party bags, and disposable table cloths.

I skipped the plates because they were exorbitant in price.  they didn't have matching cups so I bought a bunch of red and blue plates and cups.  I think it will be swell.  I ran to rosh pina to buy him a very expensive collectible 'it' clown doll.  I actually waited an hour for the bus to get here and it was full.  I was lucky to find a seat.  I ended up buying two dolls so I decided to save one for Chanukah.  I didn't buy any candy for the party.  I spent enough on the gift and party goods.  I hope they don't cancel on me.  I don't know if they are planning to have Shabbat lunch here with me so I will buy some food just in case.  everything is always a last minute decision.  I don't work that way.

I usually would have already shopped for rosh hashannah but I still don't know the plans this year.  who knows? perhaps they are staying in Jerusalem for the holidays.  one must be flexible.  at 68 years old, this is not an easy feat to do.  I have no idea as to what I will make for lunch today.  I didn't seem to lose any sleep over it yesterday.  I watched an old movie and went to bed at 2:30 a.m.  I have been catching up with movies lately.  and my favorite cooking contest from Australia is currently viewing.  yeh!

8:30 p.m. : the guys came with the gas balloons but they didn't take a credit card.  I had absolutely no cash on me and haven't picked up my checks at the bank.  luckily for me, my neighbor was home and lent me the money.  I just came home from work and stopped off at an ATM machine to repay my neighbor.  I had to take a taxi home.  I was wasted.  I was ready to finish up my cooking around 5:00 p.m. when the manager came in to let me know they were expecting 35 for dinner.  they were apparently, hosting a meal for a bride and groom and I had already prepared enough for my usual group of about 17.

 I quickly, defrosted another 2 pounds of chop turkey meat to add to my meatball mixture and broke up 2 bags of spaghetti into tiny pieces to make a noodle kugel.  I sliced up a dozen or more egg tomatoes and made a salad with onions.  I had already baked a carrot kugel  and eggless chocolate cake and cooked white rice and green lentils.  I didn't finish until 7:00 p.m. I stopped off at the party goods store and got more things for the birthday. I got home and ate a cold hot dog and that's it for tonight's food intake. I had a tuna patty and a couple of lentil patties at work before I left.  that's quite enough of food today.

No comments:

Post a Comment