Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Gone Fishing

It is 9:30 a.m. in the holy city of safed.  I have been cleaning and mopping and doing laundry for hours.  I am now having a watermelon and mint smoothie.  I took the day off.  I spent seven hours cooking at the yeshiva yesterday and eight on sunday to cover today's lunch and supper and lunch for tomorrow.  the kids are coming tonight and I want to take them to the pool tomorrow and not be pressured to rush back to the yeshiva to cook.  the kids were there with me last week for less than 2 hours and they were bored.  they also wanted to go to town to buy toys.  I think I'm covered this time.

I got pretty sun burnt last time sitting near the pool, totally dressed; watching the kids play in the water. it was very downcast and cool and that's the worst time to be in the sun. this time I bought sun tan lotion.  my Sephardi grandchildren also got burnt.  I think I will enter the pool this time.  I will wear a long shirt and dancer's tights.  I don't own a bathing suit.  if it is crowded I won't go in the pool. the schools are out so I guess the neighborhood kids will be there. I don't go to mixed swimming but the kids do.

I am going to the family bris, out of town, this afternoon.  I have a ride.  I will return home with my son and family.  he and his wife are going away for a couple of days to chill.  we will all go to the Sephardi family for Shabbat dinner and I will make lunch.  I stopped off at a small mini market last night to get staples.  I bought non gluten potato rolls.  the kids loved them at pesach.  I want to make soy hotdog sandwiches for the pool.  the kids were starving the last time.  I will bring drinks and they can get ice cream popsicles there. the pool is $30 for the three of us.

I will go soon to the neighborhood supermarket to buy the rest of the things for shabbat.  I got paid yesterday so the sky's the limit!  the kids love ravioli and gnocchi and belgian waffles so i'll load up on them.  I bought hotdogs, hamburgers, kabobs, chicken wings and small steaks to make a birthday barbecue tomorrow evening.  I was thinking about going to a Japanese restaurant but I think it will be too much of a schlepp.  I want to buy a watermelon and a festive cake.  of course, we need marshmallows for the barbecue. are we having fun yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment