Sunday, May 6, 2018

Showtime

it is 9:00 p.m. in the holy city of safed.  I just got back from the dress rehearsal of my friend's show.  I coordinated the costumes and props.   I actually, appliqued pink felt dog paws and poodles onto a trashy looking black dress.  I was going for a modern day take on cruella Deville but couldn't find any Dalmatian material, hence the poodles.  the character wears a Sia like short wig. one side is platinum and the other is black.

I dressed the same actress in a blue and white polka dot two piece outfit circa princess Diana.  she wears a small red satin shoulder bag, red beads and a large red hat with a huge red flower.  we had the skirt, which was a maxi; turned into a mini skirt.  the actress is stunning and very thin with long beautiful legs.

I went to the gallery, where they are performing the play, early this morning with almost all of the costumes and props.  we forgot a suit bag filled with three costumes.  after work I returned with the bag.  I managed to give each actor a small suitcase with his own costumes and props.  I spent the entire rehearsal picking up clothes and props from the floor.  I also helped close buttons and zippers  and even applied face makeup to the actors.  I even ran back to my friend's house to bring three costume wigs.  she assumed that I had packed them up.  I assumed that the actresses had them.

I went to work and only had to cook dinner.  there were about 50 hamburgers left over form Thursday's barbecue.  I had made over 100 patties.  I quickly fried them up and made a pot of rice to go with them.  I baked a couple of eggplants and called it a day.  even though I wasn't required to feed the guys lunch, I left canned tuna, boiled eggs, canned corn, leftover kasha and fresh veggies and tahini.  I  felt sorry for the guys.  they had an out Shabbat but they all seemed to be back at the yeshiva in the morning.

I got home and I was starving.  I finished the rice and green lentils from Shabbat.  I had a little tuna left over, too.  the dog got most of the rice and tuna.  the cast wanted me to take a bow but I don't think costume designers take bows.  I also feel too self conscious about my weight gain.  I wanted to make a 'costumes r us' tee shirt.  turns out that there is already a huge costume store in England with that name.  I decided to change my name to 'costumes 4 us'.  I don't really have any shirts that I can mark up.  oh well....

I have to go to work in the morning and cook 2 meals.  I hope I will have enough time to come home and shower and get dressed up a bit for the show. I have been running around lately taking care of a lot of details.  I did some shortening of pants and taking in a tuck or two on a dress.  I bought headbands just for the large bows and I changed buttons on jackets.

the kids were away for Shabbat.  I felt overwhelmingly alone and depressed.  I ate way too much sugar, too.  they are leaving safed soon and I am feeling really sad.  I got to take the kids to a lag  b' omer rally on Wednesday night.  I bought them presents because they always get sad when they don't win the raffle prizes.  this time they got prizes before we left.  I didn't make it to meron this year.  we had a heat wave and I felt awful.  there were terrible traffic jams until today.  I may go with my friend next week.


No comments:

Post a Comment