Wednesday, February 21, 2018

It's Been Awhile

it is 7:30 a.m. in the holy city of safed.  it's been quite awhile since I've last blogged.  I don't quite know what happened.  I seem to have fallen into a black hole.  I started binge watching old television series and have been pretty much,a recluse.  I didn't have to watch the kids this week.  I started my pesach cleaning, too.  I already did my refrigerator, pantry and freezer.  we had summerlike weather for a while, but the house was freezing inside.  I stayed in bed under a comforter for days.  it turned cold, once again.

yesterday, it was gloriously sunny and warm.  I did several batches of laundry.  I caught up with the sheets and blanket covers.  I redid the linen closet.  I went down at night to retrieve the rest of the sheets but it was cold and dark so I left them hanging.  I woke up a little whole ago to the sounds of pouring rain.  I ran downstairs and managed to get everything off the lines.  I threw half of the laundry back into the washing machine on a gentle cycle.  I will have to hang it over the doors and closets downstairs.  most of it is for double beds.  they are all pretty large.

I spent the better half of my morning yesterday, making doctors 'appointments.  right after pesach, I do another brain scan.  the following week, I have back to back appointments with the oncologist and the neurosurgeon.  I start shaking just thinking about this.  I know that more and more celebrities have been speaking out about their brain tumors and successful surgeries.  I heard that faith hill refuses to undergo surgery.  I still am not ready to do the surgery, also.  I watched an old show where one of the main characters had breast cancer and underwent chemo.  I only had three chemo sessions, myself.  it was more a mental thing than physical with me.  I got pretty crazy on the steroids.

I have a doctor's appointment this morning.  I underwent , what I thought, was an all inclusive blood work up.  there were several key items missing when I got the results.  I want to have these items checked.  they are important towards my kidney functions and I want o make sure everything is good.  when I had the flu, the doctor told me that I had a vitamin d deficiency and prescribed a high amount of this vitamin for 3 days.  she based this on an old blood test.  I just assumed that I was being tested for vitamin d but I wasn't.

I also need to pay some bills at the post office.  I had some cash so I don't have to spend my day sitting in the real estate office all morning and running around town to the water company, too.  I stopped working at the yeshiva and the money situation is once again, very tight.  I would love to buy a new small sofa for the t.v. area.  the one that I have been sleeping on for the past 17 years is broken and needs to be thrown out.  I can't stomach the thought of cleaning it for pesach.  I want to go to town next week and check out prices.

next week is purim.  I am not in the mood.  I think the whole Sephardi gang will end up here for the holiday meal and mayhem. no one is committing.  I plan to buy paper goods this morning and some wine, just in case they do come.  the kids want to come for Shabbat again.  I don't think they will because it is raining once again. I  have been making Shabbat for them every week.  I even send home food when the weather is bad.  I would love not to have to do anything this week if I can avoid it. 

1 comment: