Sunday, March 13, 2016

Gimme A Break

it is 2:00 p.m. in the holy city of zefat.  I am truly bummed out.  I didn't sleep a wink last night.  I went to Shabbat lunch with good friends on the next block.  it really is a bit further than that but I still relate to it in Brooklyn terms.  in fact, my friend thought that I literally lived a block away and schlepped over here one time, all out of breath.  it's about a 7 minute walk uphill.  I decided to walk to the Sephardi family for third meal.  I arrived around 4:00 p.m.  it was quite hot outside.  it took me about 45 minutes.  I'm totally out of shape.  it isn't really more than half an hour walk.

 everyone there was tired and all the kids were beyond hyper active.  one young aunt had given out individual bottles of coke to all the small kids.  it's not as if they hadn't already been plied with candy all Shabbat long.  this is the only family that I know who serves rounds of candy and ices between the fish and meat courses.  the young parents chatted amongst themselves while the children ran amuck.  at one point the Sephardi grandma yelled at the little boys to stop jumping on the bed.  a little while later two of the boys toppled to the floor. one of them was my grandson.  luckily, no one got hurt but the fur started to fly.

Sephardi grandmother vs. Sephardi grandfather and Sephardi big sisters against my daughter-in-law; all letting out primal screams accusing my chubby grandson of pushing his cousin off the bed.  a few moments later the toddler fell off the couch and the screams began once again.  by the time we left for home we were all spent.  I couldn't really relax.  I received a couple of heavy phone calls about our mutual friend in the old age home.  apparently, the nurse there thinks she can continue like this for a year.  I wouldn't want to place a bet or anything like that but my money would not be on the nurse.

I was supposed to go to a CPR course in English today.  I fell asleep around 5:00 a.m.  it might have been later.  I couldn't stand up at 8:00 a.m.  I felt nauseous and my head hurt.  the daughter-in-law had a migraine and my son was having a 'rough time'.  my oldest dog is screaming.  she had lost her bark of late but she doesn't stop crying.  I was awakened by her crying all night long.  I called the vet.  she gave her a shot of morphine and se slept for awhile.  she just got up and is yelping again.  I gave her two drops of tramadol.  she can eat and drink but suddenly she lost the ability to walk.  just what I need!!  I have no patience for this.

I didn't visit my friend in the old age home today because I was supposed to go to the course.  I have to get the kids soon from gan.  my neighbor is having a Sephardi engagement party for her daughter tonight.  I feel like I should go.  it will be a hoot.  the ladies go wild and there is lot's of goodies and food.  I don't think I have the strength to go.  the wedding is on Purim.  my son is in no shape to go  later and my daughter-in-law is working all night.  we are all obligated to go to the wedding.  I wish I could feel excited and go out and just have some fun.  I don't think I can leave the dog alone.  she is in pain and distress.

I don't feel like being with the kids, either,  I am truly tired and stressed out.  I don't really have an outfit for tonight but I guess, I could throw something together.  I was hoping to lose weight before the wedding but that didn't really happen.  I managed to get an appointment for my next brain MRI and doctor's appointment in early June.  that was quite an accomplishment.  my MRI is at 5:00 a.m in Tel Aviv.  I guess I won't be getting any sleep that night.  I will have to take a taxi there and my health carrier will pay for it.  I will return home by bus.  my young male dog had an upset stomach during the night and made diarrhea all over the house.  that is how I started my morning.

I think the vet will have to come back.. the dog doesn't seem any better.  she suspects a tumor or stroke.  sound familiar????  and no, we are not having fun yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment