Sunday, December 1, 2013

Just A Bit Tired

it is 8:00 p.m. in the holy city of zefat.  just finished serving dinner and fried donuts to the kids.  i had a late start this morning because i spent a lot of time blogging.  chabad has a habit of starting late so i didn't rush to the city for the show.  my grandson was anxious and kept telling me to get ready.  he was right.  when we got to the theater they were sold out.  i think they had brought their entire school system to the show so we and another 25 kids were turned away.

it was cold this morning so i didn't want to stand outside too long.  my grandson was more interested in buying cotton candy than getting into the show, so it worked out okay.  he ate the spun wad of sugar on a stick and was a happy camper.  we then walked into town and bought a couple of slices of pizza.  we sat inside at a small table and ate our pizza like gentle folk.  next, we went to a store and bought spider man and mickey mouse stickers.

we continued down the main street of town until we came to a candy shop.  we bought a couple of jelly worms, and a couple of jelly butterflies.  we stopped in the inexpensive ice cream shop but left empty handed.  we then went to the small supermarket to buy some cooking cream and lettuce.  i wanted to make a sauce for the sweet potato ravioli in my freezer.  there wasn't any lettuce and the grandson went ballistic when i didn't buy him a huge banana punch milk.  after a while, i bought him a small bag of chocolate milk and we made our way to the childrens' playground.

it was getting cold and i was feeling uncomfortable.  he was having a great time.  finally i asked him if he wanted to go back to the store to buy some potatoes for dinner.  he was all for going back to the store.   suddenly, he was whining and wanted me to pick him up and carry him.  i guess he was suddenly very tired.  just then a cab came my way and i jumped in with the kid.  as soon as we got home he wanted to watch videos on the computer.  he started playing with his stickers.  he placed one pack on his sweater.

i started to make a soup.  i had a big piece of pumpkin, a couple of carrots an onion and a couple of juicy tomatoes.  i added some ravioli to the finished soup.  it worked.  i then made a few potato and sweet potato latkes.  they were small but they came out.  my daughter-in-law came home and i served her soup and latkes.  the grandson had a couple of ravioli that i fished out of the soup.  they went downstairs and i started to make fried donuts out of a yogurt and flour batter.  i drizzled warm honey and then sprinkled cinnamon and coconut flakes on them.  they were good, actually.

my son called and asked if i was making latkes.  i told him that i had a pot of soup ready and asked him if he wanted a greek salad.  i them made a large salad of chopped cucumbers, tomatoes, black olives and salty bulgarian cheese.  he came home and had a few latkes, a bowl of soup and a huge salad.  i made a round of hot chocolate for the kids and daughter-in-law and we lit the chanukiah and then everyone went downstairs.  i did the dishes and came over to blog.  i am extremely tired.  i promised to take the kid to an activity tomorrow at a community center.   we'll see what time i can get it together.  there is one at 10:00 a.m. and another at 11:30 a.m.  we'll just have to play it by ear.

No comments:

Post a Comment