Friday, August 24, 2012

Shabbat Shalom

it is 11:00 a.m. in the holy city of zefat. i have the grandkids with me. i jumped out of bed at 6:00 a.m. and started to wash the floors. i also, did the dishes, that have been sitting in my sink all week.

it was a long and hard week. i put in, at least, 6 hours each day at the yeshiva. the busses were running on holiday schedule so it took forever to get home. instead of the usual 15 minutes, it was more like 45 minutes. i went to the music festival each night, and it took over an hour to reach town. if i had, had the strength, i would have walked to town. i didn't.

the first night, i did walk home, i simply. couldn't wait another minute for the bus. i had gone to hear the yeshiva's band and i was, indeed, wired. i made it home exactly, at the same time as the bus. i went three nights in a row. i left each night after the set ended. they played from 8-10 p.m. each night. i didn't stroll around and check out any other music. i was too tired.

i ran into my nieces and nephew on the last night. i hadn't seen my nephew in a year. he's learning in college in new york. i went to the seniors' center on thursday and they were having a klezmer event. i sang and danced with the best of the old folk. i got back to work late and ended up staying til 5:00 p.m. i made a chicken pot pie, of sorts, for them. i didn't get home until 7:00 p.m. i stopped off at the super to buy a few things for shabbat.

one of the older guys from the yeshiva is coming to stay for shabbat. he'll sleep downstairs in the guest apartment. we are going to a mutual friend for lunch. my son called to ask me to babysit at 8:00 p.m. of course, i had just gotten undressed and into bed. i agreed, even though i was tired. i was still feeling guilty about not babysitting, the night before. i had made plans to meet up with a galpal and they wanted me to come over for an hour before that. i flatly refused. i felt weird for hours afterwards.

my son picked me up and we went to get the kids from the other family. sahar was beyond tired and threw, one, enormous three year old fit. he kicked and pinched me while he thrashed about in the back seat of the car. he ripped off my head covering, too. he passed out about 5 minutes after we got home. shenhav followed suit a little while later.

i cannot get a thing done today. shenhav is whining and sahar needs a nap. last night, i got driven home and asked if they could come for shabbat. i had managed to buy some things earlier, but i needed to hit the super again, this morning. i ran into a friend who also, wants to come for shabbat. at least, the house is clean. it will be a simple meal. i told the kids that they'd have to manage on their own for lunch. in the old days, i would have cancelled my lunch plans. not now. i look forward to seeing my friends tomorrow.

i made a pool outside for sahar. while i was inside. diapering the baby, he made one enormous dump inside the kiddie pool. it took a while to clean it up and refill. while i was blogging, sahar drew all over his body with a magic marker. are we having fun yet??

No comments:

Post a Comment