Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Putting Things In Order

it is 9:00 p.m. in the holy city of zefat.  I just finished putting away the metal poles of the sukkah.  I left zefat around 12 hours ago to travel to Tel Hashomer to see the neurosurgeon at Sheba hospital.  I got there an hour early and had an additional 2 1/2 hour wait.  the surgeon wants to remove the brain tumor.  it hasn't grown much in three years, but there seems to be more swelling than was seen in January.

I have been given another 8 months to consider the surgery and monitor the brain by way of MRI.  I'm thinking "if it ain't broke then don't fix it".  I do not have any symptoms so I am going to do the waiting game.  I went to the shopping center at the hospital to look for possible sales.  I couldn't find any shoes in my size at the orthopedic store, unfortunately.  they were giving them away, practically.

I waited for about a half an hour or more in the hot sun for a bus to Tel Aviv.  it took forever to get to the train station where I catch my bus back to zefat.  fortunately, there was a taxi going back to zefat for the price of a bus.  so for about $10 I rode home in comfort.  the driver left me off near my house.  the regular price is about 700 shekels. ($170).  the driver actually, lived in my neighborhood.

my health care provider paid for my taxi ride to the hospital this morning.  so I really locked out today.  I got up at 7:00 a.m. and took off the bamboo roof from the sukkah and removed all of the decorations.  they are predicting a huge storm tomorrow.  I had some tea and I showered and I left.  I got home some 12 hours later, grabbed a chicken schnitzel and let the dogs out.  Tiny, the overgrown puppy, ate a huge hole in my bed.  I didn't leave him on the balcony, as usual, when I go out.  I guess it's karma.  he ate a gigantic hole in the Sephardi grandmother's mattress that was in my room, and I didn't replace it yet.

 at 7:00 p.m. I took down the sukkah material and wooden slats.  Just then my son came home and I ran in to heat up the leftovers for him.  after he had some dinner, he was open to taking apart the sukkah frame.  I ran up and down the stairs with the metal poles and finally rearranged the items in the storage unit to make room for the entire sukkah.  I then came back upstairs to blog.  I am really tired now.  I hope we have a huge rainstorm tomorrow to wash away all of this brown dust.

No comments:

Post a Comment