Monday, May 27, 2019

Countdown To Shavuot 2019

it is 10:00 p.m. in the holy city of safed.  the extreme heat wave broke.  it is very warm but very doable.  I actually saw my ankles this morning.  they have been so swollen that I looked like an elephant.  I started drinking water.  I went to the pharmacy for a natural diuretic.  I bought urtica drops but didn't use them yet.  I was afraid.  I have been very limited.  it has been too hot to move.  I've taxied it to and from work almost every day.  today, I walked to the main bus station from work and caught my bus.  it's only a 10 minute walk but I haven't been able to do it.  I am in bad shape.

I started my intermittent fasting yesterday.  I have ballooned out and I look and feel awful.  it was a relief not to eat last night.  I have been binging and eating non stop for weeks.  it felt so good not to eat so much.  I had a can of tuna and a hamburger for dinner and stopped eating at 8:00 p.m.  I will drink some lemon and mint flavored water and eat again at 8:00 a.m.  I am trying to work on portion control now.  I had two frankfurters for lunch with some lentils and bulgur.  I usually eat more.  I actually feel too full right now.  the hamburger, probably, was too much to eat after the tuna.

I stopped at the supermarket last week and bought a bunch of stuff for Shavuot.  I usually make cheesecake, tiramisu, lasagna, greek salad and mini ravioli.  I bought frozen Belgian waffles and cheese blintzes.  I guess this is overkill.  I still want to buy fruit for a cheese platter. I saw Roquefort and I don't think I have ever tasted some.  I will go back to the store and buy some more cheese.  this is not a good time to begin a diet.  I will skip the desserts and stick to the protein.  I have to get this right before summer officially begins.

I need to buy a bunch of veggies to cook this week.  I think i'll hold off the fruit for a bit. and i'll stay off dairy until Shavuot, which is next week.  I have to do an MRI in a couple of weeks.  my appointment is at 5:30 a.m. in the tel aviv area.  I will have to go to bnei brak on the last bus and catch a taxi to the hospital.  I will probably have a long 3 hour wait.  it won't help getting taken early because there aren't any busses until around 7:00 a.m.  what a bummer!

No comments:

Post a Comment