Saturday, April 8, 2017

Almost Sunday

it is 10:00 p.m. in the holy city of safed.  I was hoping to finish up the pesach cleaning tonight.  actually, the house is clean.  I need to wipe down the kitchen counters with bleach and cover them with heavy duty aluminum foil.  I don't think I have enough foil to finish this.  I don't have any cash on me and I ran out of checks.  the kids are supposed to be here tomorrow morning so I doubt that I will have enough time to make it to the cash machine and large supermarket.

I have already covered my dairy kitchen island with a vinyl paper.  I took out various containers, napkins, haggadas, and machinery.  I am too tired to deal with the counters now.  I already covered the dining room table. I will probably set the table tomorrow.  I know one is supposed to showcase their best cutlery, china and finery but I do not have the strength to take anything down from the shelves.  I do not want to have to wash dishes after the Seder.  I bought a set of fancy disposable dishes.  I will use nice wine glasses.  I have my themed pesach napkins and I will try to make the table look nice.

I saw some ants on the kitchen counter in the cooking alcove.  I have my matzahs there and I am a bit nervous leaving them there.  I will have to find room inside the closet for them.  I took out the special pesach dog food and bowls.  I think the dogs are a bit confused.  I am defrosting chicken, chop meat and beef.  I hope to start my cooking tomorrow.  it may be hard with the kids here.  they were particularly wild on Friday.  I had them pick lemons for me and they were great.  my grandson washed out the dog bed for me and he was focused.

I rented the old movie 'babe' but my grandson said it was too sad.  he said everyone was being killed so he went outside.  that's when the 'fun' started.  I was screaming like a banshee all afternoon.  I didn't know where the kids were.  I was washing the kitchen floor and they were nowhere to be seen.  and of course they didn't answer my calls.  they were all over the place.  they were in the downstairs apartment and in the backyard but I had to keep telling them to come inside.  at one point, while I was washing the steps,  they started throwing lemons at me.

I got a soccer ball crashed into my spine. I let out a yelp.  I called my son to complain.  luckily, my daughter-in-law came home to get the kids.  the granddaughter apologized and gave me a hug.  the grandson started crying.  he didn't want a punishment.  I was relieved to see them go.  they called me just before Shabbat to invite me for dinner.  I was too tired to move but I went.  I didn't want to insult anyone.  the kids fought over who would sit on my lap.

I didn't make any food for Shabbat.  I had salami and turkey cold cuts, tuna fish, pickles and rolls.  I put up a hot water thermos and I was set.  I ended up having a nice Shabbat dinner with the kids and got home around 11:00 p.m.  I managed to get to services at the Sephardi synagogue and ended up at my friend's for lunch.  I schmoozed with my girlfriend and got home around 3:00 p.m.  I started reading insights of the haggada and fell asleep.  I got up at 6:00 p.m. and had a salami sandwich.  the dogs had some scraps.

I hope that the tin foil situation works itself out.  perhaps I will be able to cover part of the counter with heavy duty garbage bags.  maybe I can ask the kids to buy me some foil when they do their shopping.  I am too tired right now to fret about it.  my sister sent me an hilarious cartoon.  it shows a group of people. one person says that she loves to clean for pesach and everyone chimes in with a 'me, too'.  on the top you see the sign for an OCD therapy group session.

No comments:

Post a Comment